When I'm not designing I am...
- Product testing in snowstorms
- Running marathons
- Taking cute puppies for joy rides on my bike
- Rock-n-rolling, or rather rolling on rocks
- Snowshoeing to cabins at midnight
- Harnessing the power of the wind with my kite
- Having 80's bounce parties with friends
- Going on hot coffee dates (aka chillen with my dog)
- Adventure travelling to warm places
- Providing rescue dogs with shelter
- Carving up the mountain in winter
- [Attempting to] slackline
- Running up and down mountains
- Treating the world like one giant playground
- Learning to snowmobile up Brohm Ridge in Squamish, BC.
- Hanging out with my mom in Victoria after she finished her first full marathon. So proud of her! I only did the 8k road race.
- My younger sister, dad, and me at the Whistler Half Marathon starting line.
- My dad coaching me through my first full marathon in Victoria, BC.
- Still smiling after 42km in barefoot shoes. Have knee problems? Try these.
- Came across this cute little guy on a peddle around Nexan beach in Squamish and took him for a joy ride.
- Nothing looks as steep on camera as it feels when you're riding down it!
- Midnight snow shoe to a remote cabin with one of my best friends and the person who inspires me the most to get outside and push my limits.
- What's kite boarding like? It's like wake boarding, but you're driving your own boat. It's like being a pebble a slingshot, terrifying and exhilarating. It's like chocolate covered almonds, highly addictive. It's like having a bath, getting out of the water is the hardest part!
- What's better than partying in Whistler? 80's bounce partying in Whistler.
Get out of your seat and jump around! Jump up, jump up and get down.
- Do you think he's into me?
- Another beautiful day in paradise, La Ventana, Baja.
- My Mexican souvenir.
- Can you tell I'm a certified level 1 snowboard instructor?
- First attempts at slacklining. Click for progress video
- Early morning trail run in Squamish, BC. What's your hangover cure?
- This is what happens when you take a mexican puppy climbing in Canada in February. I am not a climber, but I can top rope the hell out of 5.8
- Kids make it look so easy. Ever tried to do the monkey bars as an adult? It is HARD.
To create an eco & ethical fitness brand that is made in Canada and sustainable.
To empower, engage and inspire you to be wilder.
For you to BE in YOUr element, wherever that may be.
HOW I'LL ACCOMPLISH IT;
By putting you first
I aim to begin and end all my decisions with your best interests at heart,
and to exceed your expectations
Being In It to Win It
I design with passion and purpose,
personally wear testing each design until proven worthy.
I aim to see to your needs with a sense of urgency,
offering solutions and moving with speed.
Innovation – Thinking Forward and Thinking Big
I'll never settle for good enough,
and my ideas are courageous and creative.
Doing The Right Thing, Every Time
My environment is one of honesty and transparency,
acting with integrity and never compromising.
Making My World a Better Place
I enrich my community by getting involved, giving back,
and being an advocate for the planet.
Knowing Positive Relationships Make the Difference
I value and develop myself and all persons connected to me.
I try to be inclusive and strengthen my relationships
by being accountable and learning from omy mistakes.
Most importantly I won't lose sight of my biggest goal;
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
Bewildher isn't about where I came from.
It's to inspire where you're going.
The last thing I want is for you to be sitting in front of your computer reading my story when you could be out creating your own.
So unless you have a good excuse to be here please shut down your computer, put on your adventure gear and go play in the wilderness!
Still with me? Better have a good reason!
Honestly after reading other "about me" stories I've been procrastinating on writing about myself. It feels like everyone either has a "rags to riches" or "suffering to success" story. Kudos to those people and I'm definitely not wishing for the powers that be to rain on my provide, but who wants to read my "spoiled with health and wellness to laboring for the love of it" story?
I never did without and nothing truly bad has ever happened to me. I have the love and support of two parents who are happily married and two sisters who made childhood fun, for which I am truly greatful!
With no crazy hardships to speak of, all you really need to know about me is that owning Bewildher is making my childhood dream come true. I've aspired to design my own clothing line since I was a little girl and hope to build a brand of quality active wear you can trust to have your back, like the universe had mine providing me with a good life. To that effort I personally wear test all of my designs when I run in the mountains, play in the snow and generally enjoy the outdoors as much as I can.
Life is ever evolving and with my first bun in the oven I may be truly wild to think I can successfully build a clothing brand as a stay at home mom designing out of my little studio, but life isn't about playing it safe and success isn't about money. Success is having the courage, will and determination to become the person you believe you are meant to be. The legacy I wish to leave behind is one of empowering women to lead happier, more confident lives and I believe fitness apparel can be the catalyst to achieving my vision.
Now seriously, shut down the computer, think about something would make you feel good to do right now and go do it!
BE in YOUr element, wherever that may be.
Small Business Owner | Designer | Adventure seeker
Showing all 3 results